Together with FlutterNL we organise a Flutter Meetup in Eindhoven. We will share our experiences and learnings with Flutter Web and Pieter van Loon will detail what Slivers are and how to build/use them. Last but not least we’ll have another round of Lightning Talks! ⚡️ (5 minute short talks) where we’d like to hear what you are doing with Flutter. You must have built something cool or learned something over the summer break, right? This is your time to shine and share it with us! Send us your topic via email or Slack. The meetup will be in English.
Buckle up, RSVP “Yes” to this meetup and see you on October 13th in Eindhoven!
The agenda (WIP)
- 17:30: Doors open
- 18:00: Food and drinks
- 18:50: Opening and welcome
- 19:00: Hands-on experience with Flutter Web Guido Theelen & Frank Smeets - Software engineers @ Kabisa
The Flutter team announced last year that Flutter for web reached the stable milestone. Software engineers from Kabisa will present their hands-on experience with Flutter Web. They will talk about what to keep in mind when you build a web application with Flutter, and how to keep your application simple in a complex environment. Could it be the perfect choice for your next web adventure?
The talk will touch upon the following points
- How to keep your application simple in a complex environment
- Flutter Web development in practice
- Real-world examples from a Flutter Web application
- Flutter Web performance considerations
Unit, widget and integration testing in Flutter
19:45: Lightning Talks⚡️(1st round) You!? Please contact us if you want to share anything!
20:00: Small break
- 20:15: Flutter Slivers, what why and how Pieter van Loon - Lead Mobile Developer @ Wolfpack IT
What are slivers, why do we even use them? And then, how do you build one? We’ll go over the concepts of slivers, discuss when it might make sense to build one yourself and show an example of how to build one.
- 21:00 Lightning Talks⚡️(2nd round, when enough replies)
- 21:15: Closing, raffle some giveaways and drinks
- 22:00: End of meetup
- We do not record, livestream or broadcast this meetup. We’re fully focussing on a nice in-person meetup experience.
- Photography/Video Consent. Kabisa personnel will be taking photos and videos during the event and will use these photos and videos for social media, and promotional materials. By coming to the meet-up, you give Kabisa your consent to take photos and videos of you.
- Parking is available. Just use the parking lot around the building, it might be paid parking though. If you come by public transport it’s a 2km walk from Eindhoven central to the location, or take a bus.
- This meetup is organized together with FlutterNL. The attendee limit is ~60 in total for the location.
Please keep your RSVP status up to date! Doing so helps organize the meetup tremendously (with waiting list, capacity planning, food & drinks). Thank you!
Heb je vragen naar aanleiding van dit artikel? Neem gerust contact met ons op!